Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Beginning the 2007-2008 season


After last year's miracle, I have been anxiously, sometimes having withdrawals, waiting for the season to being again. It was lucky for me that the Rugby World Cup was going on this year, and I was able to satisfy some of my craving by watching the professionals perform. South Africa won the title, which was amazing, over the defending champions England. USA came in dead last with no victories in the tournament.
I decided to start the season two months early. All of the teammates agree: its time to play again. The practices will begin the first week of November at Goodman middle school. Dates and times are still up in the air.
It is open to join. Nobody will be told they can't play. Everyone is welcome. All you need is some shorts, cleats without the front toe cleat, and a mouthgaurd. The rest is found through practice. I hope this year is as good as the last!

No comments: